This page is outdated or contains outdated information. You can help the wiki by fixing it.
Staff decides what will be tested, meaning that not everything will be tested before it is released, but testing list still includes planned blocks, smileys, campaign levels and new features (This can include a lot of different things).
As a tester you should inform staff on any bugs you find and discuss whether update is good or not or suggest an improvement.
In addition to testing, these are extra features only available to Beta Members:
- Access to exclusive beta-only levels
- An exclusive beta-only saved level
- 6 extra smileys
- 10 extra blocks
Unlike Gold Membership, beta is permanent when once purchased in account and it costs 75 .
- Even if beta worlds are not seen in lobby to non-beta users, they are seen in user/crew profile, but if they try to join they will be returned to lobby with a message "Sorry, but this level is only accessible by Beta members.", similar to when trying to join crew-only world by another crew (This also happens when trying via world ID).
- Beta worlds can be added to crews and they will remain beta-only.
- Beta worlds are always in size of massive world (200x200).
- Image in shop is outdated, it includes only 9 beta blocks (and 6 smileys) because white is missing.
The beta program was created on August 17, 2010 by Chris. To enter the beta program you had to pay $9.95 or 100 (At first it was called 100 "EE Coins", but to prevent confusion with in-game coins they renamed it to gems). Beta was also given as a gift if you donated more than $10.
Originally, the beta was only available to people with a Facebook connected account, but later Chris added an in-game login system.
For a short period following the updates in version 0.8.4, the beta version was no longer backwards compatible with the regular version. This meant that the levels created in the beta program were only playable for other beta users.
On December 20 2010, Chris made both the public and beta games compatible again.
On December 21 2010, regular users were given access to the Shop, one of the first beta-tested features to become available for regular users.