Magic is a randomly-occurring event that was implemented on January 12, 2011. When a player collects a Coin or a Blue Coin, there is a small chance of it being a magic coin. If a Magic Coin is collected, a message will appear in the Chat and the player will get a pop-up message stating what the player earned.
Here is some basic information the Magic system and how it works.
- Magic Coins do not have distinct appearances.
- Magic Coins appear randomly.
- A message displays informing you that you have found a Magic Coin.
- You may get only one Magic Coin in a single world session.
- There are 3 types of Magic coins, rewarding Energy, special Smileys, and special Blocks respectively.
- Coins reward Smileys, and Blue Coins reward Blocks. However, both can reward Energy.
- Only a few are allowed per world session at most. The most ever seen in a session was 3.
Collecting a Magic Coin can bring one of several rewards.
If a Magic Coin rewards Energy, it can reward any of the following in any order:
- Player will receive +1 Max Energy.
- Player will receive +2 Max Energy.
- Player will receive +5 Max Energy.
- Player will receive +10 Max Energy and an Energy Refill.
- Player will receive +15 Max Energy and an Energy Refill.
- Player will receive +30 Max Energy and an Energy Refill.
If a Magic Coin rewards a Smiley, it will reward the following in the respective order:
- Player will receive the Wizard Smiley.
- Player will receive the Fire Wizard Smiley.
- Player will receive the Witch Smiley.
- Player will receive the Dark Wizard Smiley.
- Player will receive the Light Wizard Smiley.
If a magic coin rewards a Block, it will reward the following in the respective order:
- Player will receive the green Block.
- Player will receive the purple Block.
- Player will receive the orange Block.
- Player will receive the blue Block.
- Player will receive the red Block.
- Player will receive the cyan Block.
Magic can be obtained by normal play, but there are factors that can reduce or increase the likeliness of finding Magic.
- The Magic algorithm depends on key inputs. You'll have the most luck playing through normal worlds without too many Coins.
- Coin farming levels do not provide any magic.
- Worlds with too many Coins have reduced chances of Magic. When a level has ~500 coins, the world won't allow any chance of Magic.
- You'll have higher chances of Magic with the less people there are in a level. Try playing worlds without anyone in them.
- Once someone gets Magic in a world, the chances of anyone else getting Magic for that world session are decreased.
The Magic system had its fair share of screw-ups. Major ones are listed below.
- Due to a glitch, Magic Coins had a one in a trillion chance to be found (1/1,000,000,000,000). However, updates made chances much higher.
- The Magic algorithm was broken for a day, and Magic Coins were EXTREMELY common, players earned around 400 Max Energy and a lot of Magic Blocks that day. This was known as the 2015 Magic Rush.