Magic is a randomly-occurring event that was implemented on January 12, 2011. When a player collects a Coin or a Blue Coin, there is a small chance of it being a magic coin. If a Magic Coin is collected, a message will appear in the Chat and the player will get a pop-up message stating what the player earned.
Here is some basic information the Magic system and how it works.
- Magic Coins do not have distinct appearances.
- Magic Coins appear randomly.
- A message displays informing you that you have found a Magic Coin.
- You may get only one Magic Coin in a single world session.
- There are 3 types of Magic coins, rewarding Energy, special Smileys, and special Blocks respectively.
- Coins reward Smileys, and Blue Coins reward Blocks and the Bruce NPC. However, both can reward Energy.
- Only a few are allowed per world session at most. The most ever seen in a session was 3.
Collecting a Magic Coin can bring one of several rewards.
If a Magic Coin rewards Energy, it can reward any of the following in any order:
- Player will receive +1 Max Energy. (42/100 chance)
- Player will receive +2 Max Energy. (23/100 chance)
- Player will receive +5 Max Energy. (18/100 chance)
- Player will receive +10 Max Energy and an Energy Refill. (10/100 chance)
- Player will receive +15 Max Energy and an Energy Refill. (6/100 chance)
- Player will receive +30 Max Energy and an Energy Refill. (1/100 chance)
If a Magic Coin rewards a Smiley, it will reward the following in the respective order:
- Player will receive the Wizard Smiley.
- Player will receive the Fire Wizard Smiley.
- Player will receive the Witch Smiley.
- Player will receive the Dark Wizard Smiley.
- Player will receive the Light Wizard Smiley.
If a Magic Coin rewards a Block, it will reward the following in the respective order:
- Player will receive the green Block.
- Player will receive the purple Block.
- Player will receive the orange Block.
- Player will receive the blue Block.
- Player will receive the red Block.
- Player will receive the cyan Block.
- Player will receive the white Block.
- Player will receive the black Block. File:Brickmagic8.png
There is a chance that you will be able to find a Bruce NPC with a Blue Magic Coin. Here is some information on how to obtain it and how it will function:
- The coin must be blue.
- You must be wearing the Bruce Smiley.
- You will only ever get one.
- The rarity to obtain a Bruce NPC is the same as the rarity to obtain a Magic Block.
- You will still obtain the normal magic item.
Magic can be obtained by normal play, but there are factors that can reduce or increase the likeliness of finding Magic.
- The Magic algorithm depends on key inputs. If you spam keys you'll don't get magic. You'll have the most luck playing through normal worlds without too many Coins.
- Coin farming levels do not provide any magic.
- Worlds with too many Coins have reduced chances of Magic. When a level has over 400 coins, the world won't allow any chance of Magic.
- The more Max Energy you have, the more rare Energy Magic Coins become.
- If you don't move for 15 seconds you can't get magic.
- You can get again magic after one hour of it's obtaining.
- There should be at least 15 seconds difference between coins.
The Magic system had its fair share of screw-ups. Major ones are listed below.
- Due to a glitch, Magic Coins had a one in a trillion chance to be found (1/1,000,000,000,000). However, updates made chances much higher.
- The Magic algorithm was broken for a day, and Magic Coins were extremely common, players earned around 400 Max Energy and a lot of Magic Blocks that day. This was known as the 2015 Magic Rush.